Name Change


  1. Shawnee County District Court is providing the following forms and self-help resources. Please note that these resources are presented for informational purposes only and do not constitute legal advice.  

    The court cannot provide you with legal advice and you will be held to the same standard as a licensed attorney. 

If you are an adult seeking to change your name you will find the necessary forms at the Kansas Judicial Council’s Website. The Website provides the following:

  1. Instructions
  2. Petition for Name Change
  3. Notice of Hearing by Mail
  4. Notice of Hearing by Publication
  5. Order for Name change
  6. Affidavit and Order Restoring Name 
  7. Case Filing Cover Sheets

The documents must be filed with the Clerk of the District Court and your request is heard by the Probate Judge.

The Clerk of the District Court and Court staff cannot provide you with legal advice.  Please contact an attorney if you have questions or need assistance.