New Child Support pre-paid debit cards to be issued
Prepaid Card Transition Infographic
The Kansas Payment Center (KPC) is changing the vendor that issues the prepaid cards for Kansas Child Support payments due to evolving market conditions.. The new vendor will be U.S. Bank ReliaCard® as of Aug. 22, 2022.
Beginning in May, DCF’s partner YoungWilliams has been texting, emailing and sending letters via USPS to the contact information on file of the more than 50,000 Kansans who use the pre-paid debit card option to receive child support payments.
Individuals had until Aug. 1 to update their address with the Kansas Payment Center. If an individual wishes to transition from prepaid debit card to direct deposit, they should access the instructions and enrollment form available on kspaycenter.com. Otherwise, the individual does not need to take any action and a U.S. Bank ReliaCard will be sent to them.
A few important points to be aware of:
If they have not already done so, card users should verify their mailing address as soon as possible by contacting the Kansas Payment Center through e-mail DCF.ContactKPC@ks.gov or call 877-572-5722.
- The ReliaCard will be sent to the address on file and will arrive before Aug. 19 in the USPS mail. The envelope will have a return address of Indianapolis, IN.
- The last deposit to KeyBank cards will be Aug. 19. Beginning Aug. 22 funds will be directed to the U.S.Bank Reliacard.
- Any dollars on the KeyBank Key2Benefits card after Aug. 22 will remain on the card until used and are not transferrable to the U.S. Bank ReliaCard.
- Refer to the Frequently Asked Questions document on Kansas Payment Center - Child Support Services (ks.gov).
Those wishing to transition to Direct Deposit should:
- Visit Kansas Payment Center
- Select Language Preferences and choose Direct Deposit Form.
- Complete the top of the form and return to the Kansas Payment Center as instructed at the bottom of the form.
Additional Information is available on Kansas Payment Center website as well as the Kansas Department for Children and Families website. Customers may also call 1-877-572-5722 or email DCF.ContactKPC@ks.gov.