Click to Home
Connect with the Court

Go To Search
How do I request to be disqualified from jury service?
Generally, to be excused from jury service for other than health reasons, you must appear in person and speak to the judge on the date you are summoned. To be excused for health reasons, a written statement from your physician is required. The statement may be faxed to the Jury Coordinator. Failure to honor the jury summons may subject you to a fine for contempt of court. If the scheduling of your jury service is the problem, you may reschedule your jury service by contacting the Jury Coordinator.

Jury Duty

Show All Answers

1. How was I selected?
2. I've moved from my Shawnee County residence and no longer reside in Shawnee County. Do I still qualify for jury service?
3. What are the legal qualifications for jury service?
4. How do I request to be disqualified from jury service?
5. Are parents with children at home excused from jury service?
6. May I reschedule my jury service to a later date?
7. What happens if I have been summoned for jury duty but I decide not to report for service?
8. What happens to me if the website or recording tells me I don't have to report?
9. Even though I have received a summons, is it still possible that I will not be required to come to Court on the date shown for jury service?
10. What is the pay for jury service and how is it set?
11. Does my employer have to pay me?
12. Can I be fired if I don't show up for work when I've been summoned for jury duty?
13. What if the summons is incorrect or the person is deceased?
14. Where do I park?
15. May I bring my cell phone or other electronic devices?